When it comes to social media we all know nothing stays the same for very long. Formats change, people groan and we move on. Today, LinkedIn announced on its blog that LinkedIn Company Pages are getting a complete redesign. Don’t worry about updating your law firm’s LinkedIn Company Page yet as the new style is only available to a handful of companies like Philips, Citi, HP and Dell this week. Common folk like us can expect to see the new format by the end of this year.
Here’s 5 things you need to know about the New LinkedIn Company Pages:
1) LinkedIn Company Pages are not getting any new features. They are only updating the look and feel of the page.
2) Status updates and Products & Services will be more prominently displayed.
3) Like Facebook, you will be able to add a cover-style image to the top of the page that reflects your law firm brand.
4) LinkedIn Company Pages will be easily viewed on the iPhone, Android and iPad LinkedIn apps.
5) You will be encouraged to target your Company Status Updates via a more prominently displayed targeting option.
Here’s an example of the brand new Philips LinkedIn Company Page:
Here’s how your logo, cover photo and status updates will look:
This section is displayed to the right of the above image:
LinkedIn is rolling out the new Company Page format in hopes that it will give users easier access to the information they want. The goal is to get your law firm’s Company Page more followers so your status updates can be seen by a larger group of people. To get a hard start, you should add your practice areas as products and services on your LinkedIn Company Page. If you need any help with this, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Have you spent time working on your law firm’s LinkedIn Company Page? Why or why not? I look forward to hearing from you in the comments below.