Founding the Social Media for Law Firms blog in 2010, and working in the law firm realm for over a decade, Samantha aligned her two passions: law firm marketing and social media to become one of the biggest legal social media influencers in Canada.
The spark was ignited after Samantha attended a webinar hosted by Kevin O’Keefe, a legal social media forefather. At the time, Samantha was a business development director at MBM Intellectual Property Law LLP, a prominent Canadian IP firm. Samantha contributes much of her success to the Managing Partners at MBM. Most law firms shied away from social media in 2010, obviously MBM didn’t.
Shortly after the webinar, Samantha created the Social Media for Law Firms Blog. Her goal was to become the CNN of social media for law firms. By sharing news, opinions and how-to posts, Samantha quickly met and surpassed her goal. She quickly became the go-to-girl for law firm social media which led to her creating her first business (another goal of hers).
- The Globe and Mail – Law firms dipping their toes in social media ocean
- Lawyers Weekly – The 24: Canada’s top legal social media influencers
- Appearing on The Current, a Prominent CBC Radio Broadcast: The Digital Afterlife: Facebook After Death
- Clawbies: 2011 Canadian Law Blog Winner in the Practice Management Category
- Weekly Appearances on The Online Guys Podcast
- BC Paralegal Association Presentation: Privacy + Concerns + Best Practices
Samantha lives in Vancouver, B.C. with her husband, three children, five fish and three frogs. She is in love with coffee, silence and people who don’t fidget. Her favourite place to visit is Tofino, B.C. where she watches the waves by herself in silence (it doesn’t happen often!).