Facebook’s Facebook Page announced the new Email system. But it’s not email. There will be no subject lines, no cc, no bcc and you can send a message by hitting the Enter key. Supposed to be a “real time” conversation.
Here is a quick rundown of Facebook’s New Email System:
- Integrates SMS, chat, email or messages
- Every person on Facebook will have an @facebook.com email address
- You can email people who aren’t on Facebook
- All conversations will be together in one place, whether they are sent over chat, email or SMS.
- Messages from your friends and their friends will go into your inbox. All others will go into an “other” folder (bank statements, non-Facebook users, etc.)
- Will be launched over the next couple of months.