Lawyers: 54% of Consumers Base Hiring Decisions on Your Social Media Presence

According to FindLaw, 54% of consumers say they would be likely to hire an attorney who is active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and SnapChat. Tweet this statistic.

Additionally, over 30% of consumers have already used social media to hire a local service provider, such as a lawyer, plumber or doctor.

With so many lawyers using social media for business development purposes, how do you separate yourself from the rest?

  • Be unique and show your personality online. Think about people you’re friends with offline – are they bland and boring? Probably not.
  • Share your opinion. Don’t be afraid of alienating potential clients.
  • Be consistent with your social media posts. For example, my new #LegalStreamer show is every Tuesday at 3PM ET on Facebook Live. People know when and where to find me.
  • Quickly respond to questions and comments on social media. Consider yourself lucky if people are asking you questions about your practice online. Also, if you write a blog or run a Facebook Business Page, consider writing a blurb about how quickly you’ll respond to set expectations.
  • Be humble. Remember the 80/20 rule. Share useful information such as news, rule changes, how-to posts, etc. at least 80% of the time. The remaining 20% can be a bit more promotional.

Do the above statistics surprise you? Have you hired service providers based on their social media profiles?

 

Get Email Updates!

Signup now and receive an email once I publish new content.

I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.