Have you heard about Social Media Week yet? It’s a global event taking over the world from September 19 – 23, 2011 in Beirut, Berlin, Bogota, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Glasgow, L.A., Milan, Moscow, Rio De Janeiro and Vancouver. Hundreds of thousands of people will come together all over the world to discuss the role of social media in today’s society.
Imagine how excited I was when I found out Vancouver was hosting Social Media Week and double that excitement when Warren Smith of The Counsel Network asked me to join the Legal Social Media Talk. Here are the details straight from the website:
Social Media Marketing for Lawyers and Law Firms Tuesday, September 20 at 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Seminar Topic: Social Media Marketing for Lawyers and Law Firms
- Nicole Garton-Jones, Owner, Lawyer & Mediator, Heritage Law (@NgartonJones)
- Caroline Clapham, Associate, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP (@CarolineClapham)
- Kevin O’Keefe, CEO, Lexblog (@KevinOKeefe)
- David Bilinsky, Practice Management Consultant, Law Society of BC (@david_bilinsky)
- Samantha Collier, Business Development Coordinator at MBM IP Law (@samtaracollier)
The buzz around social media is reaching deafening proportions, but do you know where to concentrate your efforts to generate the best results? While LinkedIn remains the most popular form of social media for professionals have you considered the role or Twitter, Facebook Blogs or even Google+ for your law practice? This workshop will discuss the risks and limitations of social media for legal marketing and business development and is aimed at both law firm marketing departments and individual lawyers that want to use social media to compliment their practice.
Register for free here as spots are filling up quickly. I hope to see some of my fellow Vancouverites there!
It’s sure to be a great discussion.