I read a very interesting article this morning on Social Media Today regarding the updated LinkedIn Company Profiles. If you have a company profile you absolutely need to read this as it will affect the look of our page.
Here is a quick run down of all the new features:
- The page layout has been completely redesigned
- Page includes company blog postings, job postings, company news and even Twitter feeds!
- Viewers can compare similar companies as it relates to education, experience and job function.
- New careers tab will entice viewers to “follow” a company to get notified when a new job is posted.
- Google Maps location of your company
- Personalize settings to get notified when employees join, leave, or are promoted and when the page is updated. You can be notified by network updates or a daily, weekly email digest.
- Statistics page includes detailed graphs on job functions, years experience, educational degree, university attended, annual company growth and even a “People also viewed” tab to see which companies your readers also viewed
This is a great development for LinkedIn. Personally, I wasn’t too impressed with the old “statistics” page because it pulled information from a Trucking firm that had the same name as our firm.
Here are some screenshots:
What do you think of the new page?