Edited on February 13, 2017 to say: Click this link to export your contacts. I’ll be working on a longer blog post shortly.
This is, hands down, one of the best ways to increase your contacts on other social media profiles. After exporting your contacts, you’ll get an Excel file will contain your contact’s name, email address, etc. You can upload this file to your Facebook Business Page as well to increase your Like count. Be very cautious when uploading to Facebook though, you’ll want to pick and choose who you’re sending it too.
How to Export Your LinkedIn Contacts
- Log into your LinkedIn profile
- Click Contacts from the toolbar at the top of the screen. Select Connections from the drop-down box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the next screen and click Export Connections.
- Ensure that Micrsosoft Outlook (.CSV file) is selected as the option to export to. Click Export.
- Locate the exported file in your downloads file (this is the procedure on a PC – it may be different on a Mac) and open it.
- Save the file as an Excel File and rename it according to your saving protocol. Close the current document and open the Excel file you just created.
You will now have a file with all your LinkedIn connections and their contact information including email, phone number, address, title, etc. There is a lot of information in this file and you probably won’t need it all. Y
If you have any questions on how to do this, or any other technical questions relating to LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter please contact me.