I recently asked this question in the Law &Social Networking Group on LinkedIn. I’m happy to report that everyone in the group had #1 – 5 in the bag. Most used apps as well but I wanted to share what’s available.
My LinkedIn Tips
1) Changed your personal url to include your name (Like this -http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samanthatcollier)
2) Included a recent photograph of yourself
3) Included your Twitter handle (if you tweet) in your profile
4) Give Recommendations
5) Connect people together you think would benefit from knowing each other
6) Include apps such as slideshare, tripit, legal updates, etc.
LinkedIn offers a variety of applications to optimize your profile. My profile currently includes:
• Legal Updates (JD Supra)
• My Travel
Here’s a complete list of LinkedIn applications available (current to January 27, 2011)
• Reading List by Amazon
• Blog Link
• Huddle Workspace
• SAP Community Bio
• Portfolio Display
• Projects and Teamspaces
• FT Press Delivers
• Box.net Files
• Company Buzz
• Google Presentation
• My Travel
• Legal Updates
• Real Estate Pro
• Lawyer Ratings (LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell)
If you have a blog I’d definitely recommend picking one blogging applications. I made the mistake of having a couple different ones and then realized my blog appeared twice on my profile, a little self centered on my part!
Which applications do you have on your LinkedIn profile and why? Are there any applications that are just a nuisance?