The Digital Buzz blog posted a neat article over the weekend called Infographic: Social Media Sharing Trends. (Digital Buzz is a great blog to follow if you like infographics, statistics and videos relating to social media).
Here are ten social media sharing trends you need to know:
- The best time to share your content is at 9:30 am Eastern Time.
- The most content is shared on Wednesday.
- Most users will click on shared content within the first two minutes.
- If each page view generated a second of attention we would see 90 years of attention daily.
- Cut and paste sharing can still be up to 10 times more used than social sharing tools.
- Twitter is #1 of all time when it comes to growth in shares %.
- The Facebook Send is trending up 756% in the past year
- iGoogle is trending down 68% in the past year
- The most social sharing takes place in the United States.
- We process more data in one week than the Hubble Telescope collected in its first 20 years!