Kevin O’Keefe inspired me to use social media in MBM’s marketing strategy. I encourage everyone in the legal community to attend something he’s hosting. You will thank me later.
- Sign up for a Gmail Account.
- Sign into Google Reader.
- There are a couple options when adding subscriptions. You can search for blogs using the “Add a subscription” button, visit your favorite blog(s) and subscribe to the RSS Feeds on the webpage itself or by clicking the RSS button in your web browser toolbar.
- Each new post will arrive in your RSS Reader.
- Click on “settings”, “reader settings”, “send to”, and select which social networks you’d like to share content with. You can easily send content to Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, etc.
- Set up Google Alerts to keep current in your practice area.
- Add new blogs often and get rid of the ones you don’t like. You’ll get a feel for it.
- Create folders and separate blogs based on topic or anything else you’d like.
- I use the “list” view as I like to scan headlines.
- It’s easy to email items, tag them, and “favorite” them to read later.
I’m sure most of you already use some type of Reader but I felt it was important to share this just in case. Let me know how it works for you and any cool tips you figure out.