Are your firm’s social media cover photos boring and outdated? When’s the last time you changed them? Have you looked at what your competitors are doing online?
Remember, all law firms use social media in today’s digital age – it’s HOW they use it that matters.
You know that feeling you get when you see a misspelled word in a legal document? Your potential clients get the same feeling when your social profiles have errors.
Here are five simple tips to keep your firm’s cover photos looking great.
- Ensure your social media cover photos fall within the required pixel size. Ignoring this step could result in distorted (unprofessional) images. Click here for current sizes.
- Make sure your cover photos are consistent across all your networks. These networks include (but aren’t limited to) Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter. Each one will be slightly different due to size constraints and profile picture placement but they should have the same look.
- Ensure your branding is consistent across each network – use the same logo, same font, same sizing, etc.
- Learn the subtle differences between each platform. For example, you can embed links to your website and other social networks on YouTube cover photos. Additionally, it’s important to keep in mind that the bulk of your LinkedIn personal profile cover photo will be hidden.
- Lastly, you can blow your competitors out of the water by having modern, consistent cover photos. I monitor hundreds of profiles and 95% of them are wrong (not my clients of course!).
Don’t forget, updating social media cover photos is one of my favourite things to do (yes, I’m weird). I love graphic design, and I thoroughly enjoy working out all the details.
Should you require help updating your firm’s cover photos, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
I look forward to hearing from you!