Every Monday is tip day. This Monday is real time web analytics company Get Clicky (@getclicky on Twitter). This is an incredibly popular product among my colleagues and myself. I even have the paid version which says a lot – I’m incredibly “thrifty”. The paid version is $9.99 per month or $59.99 annually. You can register up to ten websites and/or blogs at that price. You can test out the pro version for free without a credit card for 21 days. I highly recommend it.
The #1 reason to get GetClicky is the Visitor Log. The pro version allows you to see real time information about who is on your website right now. This information includes:
- Location information: country, city, state, etc.
- Company information. If someone is looking at your page from home it will most likely show their Internet provider information.
- How they found your site = referring link, search terms, etc.
- Actions they took (clicked to another page in your site, etc.)
- Operating system, web browser, resolution, etc.
- The number of times they visited your site.
Can I stress you can easily see which company is looking at your website? This is gold if you have defined your target audience. Perhaps you can follow up with a newsletter, email, phone call, etc. I should also mention you can see the location of each visitor on a map. You can also name IP addresses for people you know and ignore their hits if you prefer.
There’s also a neat little feature called “spy” that makes you feel like a private investigator (or a stalker). You can see who is on your site right now via a map image and get notified when new people come online. It’s very easy to read and you get a great overview of the traffic to your site.
Have you used GetClicky? Are you going to download the free trial? Let me know what you think of if you have another service you prefer.